Saturday, December 03, 2005

Kiss Catch - "Let Yourself Go" (Original Mix) [2005]

This is a House Record of Note

And so I again lose myself to a warped electro-disco record. Such aural artistry satisfies and involves, driving new sounds forward, presenting new twists and turns on the tried and tested. We all love Daft Punk. Pioneering French dons that brought us tracks so timeless they may as well have been plucked from some cosmic radio transmission. Their influence is all over today's tune of note. The effort that the electro movement has put in to priming the dance floors of the land to accept tunes like this are so worthwhile when the quality is of that currently pouring out of the doors of labels like Mena Music. Aaron McClelland is a great man, and the track I present here is exemplary. Out towards the end of the summer, it's taken a while to come to my attention and it only did thanks to the label that it's out on. Their back catalogue has been a good inspiration to my current sounds. Here's to more!

So what about the track? It's all bleeps and beats - a spaced up tribute to the next gen of dance? Whatever, it rocks. Kiss Catch just throw everything into this - vocoded beats, classic high pitch guitar and oh! that! bassline! Bang! ... and I'm smitten. Love it - teams up with your man, Yer Man... bring on the main event. Once it's done I just got to pull the track back to the opening and ready myself once again.

You can get a copy from DJ Download for 99p.

Listen to a sample here.

Cosmic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home